A fourth of July flower yard stake? Really? I had no idea what I was going to do with it but it had to come home with me anyway. Does anyone else just stand in Dollar Tree in awe of what all these $1 treasures could become? Wait, maybe that’s just me! Ha!
1. I started by pulling the thin stake off the back of the flower. It came off pretty easily but wear some gloves so you don’t cut yourself.
2. Then I gave that flower a couple of coats of white chalk paint.
3. I pulled up the petals some to get good coverage with the paint and to shape the flower the way I wanted to use it.
4. While that was drying I pulled the words off the shadow box and gave it two coats of white chalk paint as well.
5. The little woodblock that was in the frame was not quite high enough to attach the flower to sit at the height I wanted so as you can see I cut the words into four pieces and I glued that inside the shadow box for extra height.
6. The finishing touch was some blue craft paint to make it pop then I hot glued it to the shadow box and I love the result!